A look back at the month of April for Arizona Diamondbacks television ratings on FOX Sports Arizona reveals we had viewership for their broadcasts in the first month of the season unlike any other in nine years!
Here are the facts and figures:
- April’s average D-backs rating of 4.6 was the best average for April since 2006. That year also generated a 4.6 in April. A 4.6 average rating represents nearly 83,000 Phoenix households.
- Nine of the 21 games we televised in April averaged a rating of 5.0 or better for the month.
- Highest rated April game was on April 16 at San Francisco (5.7). That was our highest rated D-backs game since April 1, 2014.
- D-backs & Giants series from April 16-19 was out highest rated series since 2011
- Since April 16, eight of our 12 broadcasts averaged a 5.0 rating or better.
- Six straight days of 5.0 ratings or better (4/16-4/22) – longest streak of 5.0 or higher we have for the D-backs since 2008.
- D-backs were often the #1 rated show in Phoenix on the days of their games. Also, they also help make FOX Sports Arizona the #1 rated network for prime-time in Phoenix, most recently on April 29.
The D-backs kick off May tonight in Los Angeles when they face the Dodgers. FOX Sports Arizona’s coverage begins at 6:30 pm with the “Diamondbacks Live” pregame show.